Sunday, June 14, 2009

The City-State of Catharsis

In preparing my week’s posts about the Forgotten Realms, I’ve discovered something previously unrealized: I have a lot of unresolved issues regarding the place.

I find myself hopping back and forth across the fence of opinion. Sometimes I’m defending the Realms and other times I’m throwing stones at it. I had no idea that I had sublimated so much in the last twenty-two years.

I bring this up for two reasons. Firstly, it appears as if Forgotten Realms Week is going to be a full five days of posts, rather than my usual three. There’s just too much to ground to cover and each post dredges something else up out of my unconscious. The second reason is to let you know that I’ll going to be wrestling with some of my own issues with this, so there may be more philosophy and navel-gazing than normally occurs around these parts. Game war stories will appear and we may even stray into the subject of sex at one point. Consider yourselves properly advised and, should you decide to take the trip with me, I’ll see you tomorrow for the first stop on the itinerary.

2 comments:

Timeshadows said...

> buys popcorn and props-up feet <
Ready, boss.

Zak S. said...

Sounds like fun. I feel like that's one of the best reasons to read gameblogs--it opens a window into the mind and formative years of the person writing.