Wednesday, March 4, 2009

“More Present Than the Living Man”

"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

As many of you are no doubt aware, today is the first anniversary of the passing of Gary Gygax. I’m certain that there will be a number of tributes to Gary and remembrances of the Dungeon Master occurring throughout the day, many written by scribes more gifted than myself. I would be remiss, however, to not mention it here. I have no stories of Gary to share. I met the man on only one occasion, very briefly and many years ago, and my memory of that meeting is not as pristine as it once was. So I will let others speak eloquently and at length about Gary, offering only what I can:

Thank you, Gary. We miss you.

No comments: